What will inspire you to create today?

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The first block for my Flickr group Quilting Under the Rainbow is under way. Moni asked for us to do the Artistic Santa Ana block. She sent us the fabric and directions. Her suggestion was to make a sample block first so that if we made mistakes we would not use up all of the fabric needed to make her quilt. This was a great idea. She also gave us a Paper Piecing Tutorial she found online to use. This was a great help.  So I went ahead and started my practice block today.  This was a good thing since I did make quite a few mistakes. As suggested in the tutorial I traced my patterns. http://www.twiddletails.com/images/FPFtute/FPFTute.pdf
Posted by Picasa


I then went ahead and picked out some fabric that I would use for my practice block.


These are the fabrics that I am using for the final block.  
I added the purple and the red to the array that Moni sent. 


I laid out the fabric after cutting it all per her directions. 
I find it difficult that you look at the pattern backwards.  Therefore this is where my mistake came in.






No problem with the first quadrant.  However....


I accidentally did the A part of the pattern instead of the B 
part and this did not work out.  good thing I have more fabric!



Lesson learned I will line up before sewing.


That's better!


First half of the practice block finished!



No comments:

Post a Comment