What will inspire you to create today?

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Modern She Made

It finally has come together!!!


I picked out the fabric I was going to use for my Modern She Made project a few weeks prior to Sewing Summit. My partner had mention she liked English Paper Piecing, she also seemed like she would like pretty much anything. Her mosaic was very beautiful and so I was immediately inspired. I wanted to use the Spring Carnival Pattern by Katy at Monkey Do  since I had bought it in hopes to learn some more EPP tricks at Sewing Summit. I did get to meet Katy however I was not in her class so I still am just self taught. I think I am doing it right, and it looks good, so I guess I doing it correctly. I was not exactly sure if it were to be a bag, a purse, or something else. Tonight I re-read her request and saw she would like an iPad cover. I have made a few using this tutorial by One Shabby Chic, so I decided to go for it.



I finally finished hand stitching, and I cut way too many pieces out. That's what I get for being indecisive. I really love how it came together. Now I just hope my partner loves it!  I have tohe okay from the swap mama so this will be going in the mail on Monday morning.

Inspiration is all around us. What inspires you to create?

1 comment:

  1. This looks fabulous and I'm sure your partner will love it. I will try out this block........soonish!

    ReplyDelete