What will inspire you to create today?

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Progress, WIP, and Revisiting Goals

WIP: May 1, 2013

With so many goal driven parties happening in the sewing world I have decided to list them all in one area so I can cross reference my lists and make sure I am setting attainable goals!

The boys were out of town for the last two weeks so I really got a move on my 3X6 Quilting. Actually I only have one block left. I am hoping to wrap this one up by the weekend. Hopefully next week it will be off the list! Today is May and May Goals are in order!



Projects finished over the past few weeks:
Repaired 7/8 pieces of clothing from the closet.

This Week's Plan:
3X6 - FMQ and binding
Hand sew Alabama Swing Skirt
Baste Rainbow Quilt

May Goals
Finish 3x6 and last dress for closet repair... If I can squeeze it in make a new outfit for me....so many to choose from not sure which one!

Goals for this Quarter:
Finish quilting Under the Rainbow (no progress)
Finish hand embellishing Alabama Chanin Swing Skirt (no progress)
Finish Closet repairing the items that need repair (seven of eight items done !!!)
Finish Quilting 3X6 Almost there!

Projects I worked on during the last two weeks:
3X6 quilt (Almost there... one more block to quilt and bind it off!)
Watched a few Craftsy Classes (Reviews to come)

Other WIP with no progress:
Hand Quilting Circle of Nine
Quilt blocks for our bedroom quilt (Fabric is now all in hand.)
Curtains for our bedroom
Civil War Quilt ( I only started one block so far!)
Felt Hat (Cut out)
Santa decoration
Medallion Quilt
String Quilt 2
Rainbow Quilt
Dress repair and hand embellish

Projects I have the fabric for but have done nothing:
Polka Dot Amy Butler Apron Dress (Washed the Fabric!)
Curtains for the upstairs door
Curves Quilt
Curtains for downstairs
Curtains for the laundry room
Weekender
Polaroid Sleeping Bag
Pillows for students
Idea Pouch
Trip Around the World
Bottled Rainbows
Knit projects for Craftsy Class
Laurel Dress from Colette Patterns
Meringue Skirt from Colette Patterns
Sassy Librarian Shirt on Craftsy
Sewaholic Renfrew View A

Please check out all the other projects on:

Fresh Poppy DesignWIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced A Lovely Year of Finishes


8 comments:

  1. How cool to have two weeks to concentrate on your project. Way to go for applying yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy. It was nice to be able to concentrate... but even better to have them back with me! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I love how organized you are! I make lists, too. Somehow, a project seems halfway done if I write it down:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spend more time organizing to do something than I actually spend doing it, it seems frustrating at times... but in the end I get a lot done.

      Delete
  3. The quilt looks so cute! Your lists, wow, very ambitious. Good way to keep track, though, especially "got fabric for" one. I should make one like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately... I busted my Stashbusting promise is down the drain. I wanted to get a hold of my stash, but unfortunately my stash is mostly FQ so I was not able to do any wardrobe additions with it. So I did go a bit overboard with buying some fabric for wardrobe this year.... I have been better with quilting purchases. Yikes it is such and addiction.

      Delete
  4. You've got such a handle on your projects - I'm jealous. I'm just now getting (back) into sewing clothes and am it's hard get use to the yardage it takes. Focusing uninterrupted is such a luxury and sounds like you made the most of your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I had fun but it is great to have them back.

      Delete